Lion and the Witch -8yr- Narnia Trivia Quiz
Julie in Irvington, NY
The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe Party - Eight Year Olds Guests are asked to come as a character from Narnia: either English children or Kings and Queens of Narnia, Mr/Mrs Beaver, unicorn, Santa, dwarfs, faun, Aslan, wolf, tree spirit, mouse, elf or fairy. The Birthday Girl at our party came as The White Witch.
1. Beading Arrivals: As the children are arriving, they bead a bracelet from Narnia to take home with them. After everyone has arrived the games begin.
2. Scavenger Hunt: Children are divided into two teams by picking the name Lucy or Susan out of a basket. Team Lucy and Team Susan are the teams. Each team is given a large basket with a list of items from Narnia that are hidden outside around the property. There are 2 of each item hidden and they are tagged Lucy or Susan. The teams can only take items with their team name. (Boys can change the teams to Edmund and Peter).
There are 12 items hidden: Bags of taffy, swords, juices of fireflowers, bows, crowns, lanterns, capes, sacks of potatoes (wrapped in burlap and string), scroll of parchment paper with clue for next game, flutes, Narnian books, loaves of bread. The first team to collect all of their items wins the game. The children are to keep the basket nearby for they provide clues to the next game. The parchment paper has an answer to one of the 20 Questions but each team has a different answer to a different question.
3. Team Lucy and Team Susan answer 20 Questions on Narnia Each team is given a wipe it board and marker. The birthday child stands in front of them with a list of 20 questions. As the questions are asked each team writes their answer on the board. They can consult with each other. The birthday child times them and tells them when it is time to reveal their answers. She has a black board or wipe it board to tally the correct answers.
Our questions were:
1. What food did the White Witch give Edmund to eat that enchanted him? Turkish taffy
2. Name one food the Beavers served to the children. Beer, fish, bread/butter, potatoes (if the children are having trouble, tell them to look inside their basket)
3. What is the name of Lucy's friend, the Faun? Mr. Tumnis
4. How did Mr. Tumnis get Lucy to fall asleep? He played the flute
5. Why does Lucy go into the wardrobe the first time? She was exploring the castle.
6. Why do the children go to live with the Professor? It is wartime.
7. What is the name of the land Lucy lives in? England
8. What does Mr. Tumnis serve Lucy when she comes to visit? Tea, toast, sardines and cake
9. When Lucy walks into the wardrobe, what happens? She enters Narnia
10. What did Mr. Tumnis plan to do to Lucy? Bring her to the Queen
11. Who is the author of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe? CS Lewis
12. Why do all the children go into the wardrobe? To hide from the adults
13. How much time passed on Earth when Lucy was in Narnia? None
14. What is a "Daughter of Eve"? Human girl
15. What is the lion's name? Aslan
16. How does Aslan free animals in stone? He breathes on them.
17. What did the Queen feed Edmund at the palace? Dried bread and water.
18. What does the melting snow and the coming of Spring mean? End of the reign of the White Witch
19. What vehicle transported Edmund and the Queen to her castle? Sleigh
20. Name one gift that Father Christmas gave Peter, Lucy and Susan? Sword and shield, bow and arrow, conch horn, Juice of fireflowers
Bonus Question - What did the gifts that Father Christmas gave the children do? Bow and arrow: shoots true. Conch horn: help will come. Juice of Fireflowers: heals the sick and wounded.
4. Break for pizza and sparkling Cider
5. The War between the White Witch and Aslan The children ran around outside with the White Witch using her wand to freeze the children. If the White Witch tapped a child, that child was frozen. If Aslan breathed on the child, the child could move again. There wer no winners or losers - just the chance to run around and be chased.
6. Hot Wand - Who stole the White Witches Wand? Children sit in a circle and music plays. We taped music from The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and when the music stopped whoever holds the wand is "caught" and is out of the game. Alternatively, the person can be the slave of the White Witch with a task to perform: 10 jumping jacks, run around the house once etc.
7. Cake and ice cream - presents and pictures Everyone was a winner. There was a basket of novelties and when a team won, that team chose first, but the other team was able to choose items also. The novelties were from Oriental Trading
Children arrived as: English children, Aslan, Fairy, Maid, Lamp Post, Wardrobe, White Witch. We took a group picture and stopped traffic when the children arrived in their costumes.
NutcrackerBallet.net - Nutcracker information, performance directory and ballet reviews.
FreeParkConcerts.com - Find the best summer concert in the park near you!