Kim Possible Party -7yr- Planner Checklist Details
NORMAN in ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO, USA
I recently conducted a Kim Possible Birthday Party for my 7 year old daughter. In the planning process I follow a simple laid out Party Planner Checklist, consisting of: Pick a Theme Find a Location Pick the Date Choose a Time Create a Guest List Make/Buy Invitations Find Helpers Buy Prizes and Favors Make/Buy Decorations Create a Menu Plan Games Choose and get Supplies for Crafts Other Activities Other Supplies Create a Itinerary/Schedule Send Out Reminders Call Guests to confirm RSVP 3 days prior to party
Having a computer makes things much easier to plan my own invitations, using Print Master Software. I also ensure enough pictures from "Kim Possible" through downloads from the internet. One to two months prior to the party I made sure that I obtained sufficient decorations and partyware, purchased from Ebay and local stores in town - Party City, Wal-Mart. I ensured that the personalized invitations went out two weeks prior to party. As one idea for the invitations included a mystery code that the guest must complete to learn about the upcoming party.
The card included: TOP SECRET: CONFIDENTIAL YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED FOR A VERY HIGH PRIORITY TOP SECRET MISSION. DO NOT ACCESS THIS FILE UNLESS YOU PLAN TO ACCEPT THIS HIGHLY CLASSIFIED ADVENTURE. TO CONTINUE PLEASE DECIPHER THE CODE FOR A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE: (KEY CODE:1=A 2=B 3=C 4=D 5=E 6=F 7=G 8=H 9=I 10=J Etc) A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 T U V W X Y Z 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 MESSAGE: 3-15-13-5 10-15-9-14 1-9-12-9 6-15-18 8-5-18 7TH 1-14-14-21-1-12 2-9-18-20-8-4-1-25 3-5-12-5-2-18-1-20-9-15-14 15-6: 11-9-13 16-15-19-19-9-2-12-5 2-9-18-20-8-4-1-25 16-1-18-20-25 1-4-22-5-14-20-21-18-5
The message should be made easy and simple enough to interpret for the guests and contain the answer to the message in small letters in the back of the invitation to confirm what the message should say: (KEY CODE ANSWER: COME JOIN AILI FOR HER 7TH ANNUAL BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION OF: KIM POSSIBLE BIRTHDAY PARTY ADVENTURE) (Include name, date, time, address, location, phone number of party invitation). Additional parts of the invitation I included: WHATS THE SITCH FOR THE SPANKIN PARTY: Swim suit, towel, and suntan lotion Inflatable toys, floaties for the pool Lawn or beach or camp chair for comfortable sitting during meals, leisure and dining
We also included a Kim Possible Lingo (Language) Sheet so that guests can come prepared speaking in Kim's language. Here is a list of what I put together: Phrases and Words: Lingo: Language No Big: No Big Deal So Not: That is not cool You Go Girl: Go into action and do good Totally Psyched: Freaked out Not Now, Not Ever: Not Now and Not Ever Smooth Move: Slick and awesome move You Rock: You da the man! or You da woman! Spankin: Cool You Dweeb: You turkey Whats the Sitch?: What is the situation Booya: All Right! Far Out! Hicca Bicca Boo: Far Out! Way to Go! Come across the 411 Wade: (411 = information) PLEASE RSVP THE NUMBER OF P O S S I B L E GUESTS THAT WILL BE ATTENDING THROUGH NORMAL CHANNELS USING THE ABOVE KIMMUNICATOR (Phone Number) I had placed the invitations in a manilla file folder marked on the outside with "TOP SECRET: CONFIDENTIAL", then listed the last name and first name of each guest on the top label of the manilla folder so that it looked personalized. Then mailed off the classified file so that when they opened it up it looked like an official document. It not only catches their attention, but makes the invitation more fun as they have to decipher part of the message.
Three days prior to party I called up the guests to confirm RSVP to ensure a proper count. The day of the Party, which was on a Saturday, we planned on a 3 part party in which guests can arrive for any or all part of the party. Part one consisted of a Swim Party from 2pm to 4pm (helps to have a swimming pool at your home during the hot summer). My daughter was able to wear her new Kim Possible Swimwear (purchased at Wal-Mart). This way as guests arrive, they can sign in at the guest table, set up with incoming gifts and a guest sign in book. We also had a portable radio set up on the table and played a Kim Possible Soundtrack CD. This ensures that everyone can sign in even with late comers to the party. We also set up an all-u-can-eat buffet table outside and labeled it "El Bueno Nacho", which is the all time favorite restaurant that Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable and Rufus eat at.
We posted the name of the restaurant on regular MS Word with colored paper in surrounding areas of the dining area. make it as colorful and with designs to look attractive. We were able to serve tacos and Ron's favorite Chimaritos (fancy name for a burrito) from chaffing dishes. For decorations we placed a Mexican Sombrero on the middle of the table, surrounded by Mexican snacks like "Nacos" (Nachos) and taco/burrito toppongs. This way guests can come and go to eat during the swim time. (Be sure to advise guests to not go swimming right after eating for health reasons). AFter the swimming my daughter was able to don her new Kim Possible outfit, which consisted of a black T-Shirt, Olive colored pants and black tennis shoes, to match the Kim Possible character. I also purchased a Spy Gadget Kit (found at Toys R Us). Pretty neat to attach to a belt around the waist. (My daughter is still fascinated by all the spyware)
The 2nd part of the party consisted of games and activities, from 4pm to 6pm. Activities included:
1) Guess Who Print out pictures of several Kim Possible characters to include all the good guys and bad guys. Should be enough to assign ech guest with a picture of that character. Be sure to list the name of the character on the bottom of the picture so that it can be read. After each guest is dressed for the activities, be sure to pin or tape a character to the back of the guest. Then througout the activity, the guest must go up to another party guest to inquire as to the identity of their character. All responses must be "yes" or "no" to the questions, so not to give out the answer. Once the identity of the character is guessed, they can then pin their character to the front of their shirt to help the other guests note that they have completed the game.
2) Bucket Ball Relay antoher game that was implemented was the "Bucket Ball Relay", in which we separated all guests into two lines-teams, evenly. Then we handed each team a Kim Possible inflatable ball (purchased at Wal-Mart). Each team member had to place the balls between their legs and walk over to a distant bucket and drop the ball into the bucket. Then grab the ball and hand it to the next team member in line and repeat the process. The winning team is then given candy as a reward.
3) Action-Mystery Hunt Beforehand be sure to write up clues that will lead from one point to another around the house. Separate your guests into 4 teams, then go over the rules - No running, stay together as a team, this is not a race, have each team member in your team read each clue as it is received. Then have them venture off on a Kim Possible Adventure.
The clues I wrote up were as follows: WHEN A LETTER COMES FAR OR NEAR YOU WILL FIND IT DELIVERED HERE (Mailbox-do not list with clue) IM NOT KNOWN FOR MY GREAT HEIGHT BIRDS SIT IN ME DAY AND NIGHT I DELIVER SHADE WHEN ITS BRIGHT MY HOME IS BRICK WHAT A PRETTY SIGHT (Tree in back yard) MY HANDS ARE GREEN MY ARMS ARE BROWN IM ROOTED FIRM ON ROCKY GROUND (Tree in front yard) IM MADE OF WOOD I OPEN WIDE TO LET YOU THROUGH YOU MUST DECIDE TO EITHER THE FRONT OR TO THE BACK ON EITHER SIDE YOU MUST ABIDE (Side gate from front to back yard) IN IVYS BED IT DOES NOT LAY BUT ON THE WALL IT IS DISPLAYED (Backyard on Ivy Wall) YOU’VE COME THIS FAR SO DON’T YOU FRET NOW IS THE TIME WE ALL GET WET ON THE SURFACE YOU WILL FIND FLOATING PRIZES OF EVERY KIND (Tickets which reveal a prize placed in a balloon and floating in the swimming pool)
Have each team return back to a central focal point and have gift toys ready to hand out for all kids as they should have tickets found within all the floating balloons in the pool. Prizes are gift toys purchased at Wal-Mart. You can also obtain gift prizes from Oriental Trading Company (www.orientaltrading.com)A good buy on lots of gifts and prizes to choose from. Have kids choose a limited number of prizes.
4) Birthday "You Go Girl" Cheer For this activity we had all four teams stay in their original teams from the previous activity. We assigned each team the goal to come up with their very own Birthday Cheer to present to the guest of honor (the birthday girl). For pom poms we used a paper shredder to cut up pieces of newspaper 3/4 of the way. The 1/4 left of the paper we just twisted to make a handle. We made enough to hand out to each representing team. This was fun as it corresponded with the Kim Possible Cheerleader character from Middletown High School.
5) The final activity included a pinata, where we had all the kids line up and hit a pinata with a stick. The final result is candy to hand out to everyone once the pinata was broken open. The finale of the activities included singing around the birthday cake. But rather than sing the traditional birthday song, we taught the kids to sing "Hicca Bicca Boo to you" using the birthday song theme. Then we sang the song again, but using the other kim Possible expressions of "Happy Booya to you", then again using "Happy Hoosha to you"; then one last time using the traditional birthday song.
The cake was decorated in the Kim Possible purple and orange theme, which we bought from Wal-Mart. But any cake shop will do. To top off the cake, we added the Kim Possible figurines, which we bought at a Disney Store. You can also get them on Ebay. By this time the clock has ticked away and you are ready for part three of the party, which is from 6pm to 8pm. For this we had everyone relax by having the guests sit and watch the DVD movie of "Kim Possible: The Secret Files" and "Kim Possible: A Stitch in Time". A Booya way to end the evening. As guest would leave, we sent them away with one final gift of a Hershey Candy Bar, wrapped in a Kim Possible Candy Wrapper, which I created myself, or you can preorder your set from Ebay. The wrapper included "Thank you for coming and making this an awesome POSSIBLE Party!